The location has a long history of stone work beginning in the 1880’s as a quarry that mined a stone known as Royal Jersey Green, a light green jade like serpentine marble. This stone was quarried in blocks, ground to marble chips used in Terrazzo flooring and ground to talcum powder. A local example of the stone quarried can be found inside the Easton Post Office located on the Corner of 2nd and Ferry Street, Easton, PA. The quarry became depleted in the early 1970’s.
Although the quarrying operations stopped in the early 1970’s, marble was already being imported from Italy to expand natural stone products being offered. Phillipsburg Marble also utilized domestic marble and granite from Vermont and Tennessee in both residential and commercial projects. In 1987, Phillipsburg Marble built a new office building, built a new warehouse and modernized the fabrication facility. Modern equipment was purchased and installed in the new shop. The shop continues to use the most modern equipment and techniques available to ensure a high quality finished product.
Today, Phillipsburg Marble Company, continues to expand the offering of natural stones by importing stone directly from Brazil, India and Italy. Phillipsburg Marble Company is a longstanding member of the Marble Institute of America(MIA) and the National Kitchen and Bath Association(NKBA)
Please contact us to schedule an appointment to view the different natural stones available for your residential or commercial projects.